Migrating AD back to SBS2003
Christian Reizlein
2010-03-16 21:25:24 UTC
We had a domain which was working in a SBS2003 normally but since we had
to change the hardware we added a second DC which is a windows 2008 and
transferred all the roles to it, and let it working alone.

Everything is fine now with the win2008 as a only Domain Controller
We now have to reinstall back the SBS2003 and transfer everything to it
from the win2008, is that possible? is there any how-to or best
practices? As it seems that all i can do is start a new domain from scratch.

Thanks,
Chris
Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS]
2010-03-16 21:37:53 UTC
Hello Christian,

Please use the SBS newsgroups/forums for your question as SBS is always special:
http://www.sbs2008.com/

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.
Chris
kj [SBS MVP]
2010-03-16 21:56:37 UTC
Unless you changed the Domain functional level, you should be able to
re-install SBS following the appropriate Microsoft article on installing SBS
2003 into an exisiting domain. The KB presumes a 2000/2003 domain
controller - shouldn't be much different.

(best to use the SBS 2003 or SBS 2008 newsgroup as Meinolf recommened.)
Post by Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS]
Hello Christian,
Please use the SBS newsgroups/forums for your question as SBS is
always special: http://www.sbs2008.com/
Best regards
Meinolf Weber
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
confers no rights.
--
/kj