GPOs update
Raul
2010-03-31 13:09:13 UTC
Hello,

We've just completed a windows 2000 domain migration to windows 2008 R2. All
our DC's are Win 2008 at this point. Our forest consists of one parent
domain and seven child domains. We are the point where we want to update
permissions on all GPOs by using GrantPermissionOnAllGPOs.wsf script. The
question is:

Should this script be run once at the forest level? or run once for each
domain? or be run on every domain controller of every domain?

Thank you.

Thanks.
Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS]
2010-04-01 07:04:27 UTC
Hello Raul,

If you talk about the Enterprise domain controllers read access you have
to update each domain in your forest including the root domain. See:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc757722(WS.10).aspx

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.