copying from 2003 to 2008R2
Sher
2010-02-16 13:31:02 UTC
HI all,
I am trying to copy the users files from 2003dc to 2008dc (virtual server).
I tried robocopy but when it copies the folders it does not do the
permissions correctly. It puts the sid number instead of the username in the
permissions.
Can someone tell me what might be happending? It sets the rights correctly
but not the name.
Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS]
2010-02-16 13:46:20 UTC
Hello Sher,

Did you copy between the domains where a trust is configured? So the user
accounts are existing in the target domain?

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.
but not the name.
Sher
.
Sher
2010-02-16 15:01:01 UTC
here is my setup:
2000 dc, 2003dc
folder with users files
permissions admin full, user full rights
added 2008 dc moved roles to 2008dc
tried to use robocopy to copy user files but only see
administrators full rights
sid# full rights