Script to change User Profile paths
gram
2007-10-03 14:29:03 UTC
We need a script to change about 100 users profile paths in 2003 AD, instead
of doing it manually.

The only change is the servername, rest of path is ok.

Regards
Mathieu CHATEAU
2007-10-03 14:43:57 UTC
Hello,

you have many way :
vbscript
admodify : http://www.codeplex.com/admodify
--
Cordialement,
Mathieu CHATEAU
Regards
Ken Zhao [MSFT]
2007-10-04 02:11:19 UTC
Hello Gram,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

Based on my knowledge, AD users and computers WILL let you select multiple
users and also let you select the properties of them, however it will not
allow you to apply the changes for the users you select rather just one of
the users. The work around is to create a script which will modify the
profilepath attribute in AD

I found the script already from Microsoft web site. Here is the sample
script for reference:
=======================
Set objUser = GetObject _
("LDAP://cn=MyerKen,ou=Management,dc=NA,dc=fabrika m,dc=com")

strCurrentProfilePath = objUser.Get("profilePath")
intStringLen = Len(strCurrentProfilePath)
intStringRemains = intStringLen - 11
strRemains = Mid(strCurrentProfilePath, 12, intStringRemains)
strNewProfilePath = "\\fabrikam" & strRemains
objUser.Put "profilePath", strNewProfilePath
objUser.SetInfo
=======================

I'm sorry that we are unable to assist with this request in the newsgroups
as the Partner Support newsgroups are geared towards break-fix scenarios.
It appears that this is a development-related request that would be best
addressed in the developer newsgroups. The developer newsgroups are located
at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp.

The support professionals there will be able to provide you with more
efficient and suitable suggestions for your development-related needs. (I
believe that they can provide you with better assistance for this kind of
development-related issue.)

For further assistance on this issue, you may also want to contact our
Develop Support Services by telephone so that a dedicated Support
Professional can assist you further with your request. To obtain the phone
numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site
listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

--------------------

Mathieu CHATEAU

Regards
alanmara
2010-05-10 09:51:59 UTC
hi, I need a script that reads members from a specific Group and set
their ProfilePath and HomeFolder.

THANK

--
alanmar
alanmara's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/166259.ht

http://forums.techarena.i
kj [SBS MVP]
2010-05-10 18:07:14 UTC
hi, I need a script that reads members from a specific Group and sets
their ProfilePath and HomeFolder.
THANKS
Might be easier and quicker to use the combination of adfind and admod from
joeware.com
--
/kj