ADMT v3 - User Account Local Profiles
jt
2010-03-02 21:44:01 UTC
Hello, we will be performing an Interforest Migration (accounts, groups,
computers)soon and I need some clarification on how local user profiles are
affected.

Source domain user accounts do not match the naming standards of the target
domain. For this reason we will be changing the account names during the
migration process. Source domain users are concerned that they will need to
start over with a new local profile on their workstations. My question is, is
it possible to migrate and change account names while preserving the users
local workstation profile. They want to avoid recreating shortcuts,
favorites, etc. We will be enabling SID history for the migration. Thanks in
advance

jt
Santhosh Sivarajan
2010-03-03 17:13:16 UTC
You can change the SamAccountName during the migration using an include
file:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc974332(WS.10).aspx

Since these accounts have the same SID, you should be able to re-acl and
keep the same profile. But don’t forget to test everything in the lab
before the actual migration :-)
--
Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA
Houston, TX