ADMT v2.0 migration Error Code=53
Klystron
2004-08-30 19:26:15 UTC
I am running a test bed that consists of two computers that are
running Win 200 Server. Background info on both : Running DNS, WINS,
AD. I have gotten both servers where the Administrator Group
(builtin) has the Domain Admin from the other computer. I have not
confingured WINS in any manner. I have the DNS server pointing to
itself when doing DNS lookups (referring to both computers). I am
able to get the 2 servers to trust one another through the Domain
trust, but when I try to verify, the computers tell me that they
cannot contact one another, PDC is unavailable. Within the network
neighborhood, I can go back and forth among the computers and move
files easliy. When running the ADMT, in the test stage, I get ERROR
CODE=53. I have looked on the groups in trying to find an answer, but
it seems like everyone figures it out and doesnt post anything about
the resolution. I know WINS will need to be activated sooner or later
because I do have Win98 machines out in the network. Any help with
the reasons behind the ERROR code=53 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Kevin
Bob Qin [MSFT]
2004-08-31 06:51:40 UTC
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your posting here.

I would like to suggest that you create a secondary zone on each Windows
200 DNS server for another domain. Please also check "Allowed zone
transfer" in the properties of each DNS server.

Now try to perform migration again. If the problem still persists, please
let me know the detailed error message.

Thank you!

Bob Qin
Microsoft Online Partner Support